The UK Camera Club Ltd Warranty
Our own extended warranty for a selected range of professional products.
As a company that looks after the needs of photographers, we want you to feel confident that the equipment that you’re buying is covered in the unlikely event of faults or defects. That’s why we’re adding an extra year of cover to a range of professional-level equipment. UK Camera Club Ltd will pick up the repair bill for problems that arise, due to any manufacturing fault, for 24 months after the purchase date for selected items.
How the Warranty works
- When you purchase your item, we will send you an email with your extended warranty certificate, Keep this safe.
- Should a fault arise, ring us giving us your special warranty number on your certificate
- Firstly, we will go through some simple diagnostics to see if we can help you solve the problem.
- If you require a repair, we will arrange for a pick-up of the item free of charge.
- We will repair any covered fault that arises, free of charge, including parts and labour.
- We will provide a free estimate of any repairs which are not covered by The Warranty.
- Once the repair is completed, we will arrange for delivery of the item back to the Customer, free of charge.
What are the Terms of the Warranty?
- Warranty will cover the period between 1 day and 730 days after the delivery of your covered equipment.
- The Warranty is limited and non-transferable.
- The Warranty covers parts and labour costs in relation to the repair of any fault which occurred during normal usage of the item (subject to the exclusions set out below). We reserve the right to repair, replace or refund goods under this warranty.
- The Warranty does not cover:
- accidental damage and misuse
- wear and tear
- faults caused by shock or fall, sand, dust, dirt, damp or corrosion, leaky batteries, an act of war or terrorism, fire, theft, attempted theft, accidental or malicious damage, vandalism, corrosion, water contamination or ingress, frost, flooding or other adverse weather conditions, repair or cleaning by unauthorised personnel
- faults that have occurred because you have not used, stored or handled the product properly or have not followed written instructions for use the product
- damage or defect due to willful neglect or negligence by anyone other than us
- faults relating to image sharpness of a lens that are clearly open to human judgment
- loss of quality, degradation of performance or actual damage that results from the use of spare parts or other replaceable items (such as consumables) that are neither made nor recommended by the manufacturer
- faults due to the connection of other fittings or accessories to the product which we have not approved
- lost or damaged data
Which products are not covered by the extended Warranty?
The extended warranty only covers Cameras and Lenses